Unexpected bills sometimes make you broke, as a result of one we’re a bit broke until next pay. So, for frugality’s sake, I’m going to dig into the recesses of my cupboards to make dinner for the next few days. I am only going to use what’s in my pantry/freezer/fridge.
I probably should’ve done this a long time ago, there are a lot of random things in there… I think I need to do a “cupboard inventory” just to make sure I actually USE what I have!
So let’s see…
- 1 can of campbells mushroom soup – as a saucy base!
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, in 1 cup boiling water – Since I’m using mushroom soup, more can’t hurt.
- 1 1/2 cups of dried pasta, garofalo! – Filler!
- 1 cup frozen peas – veggies, and mostly to use up the buggers
- 1 frozen italian sausage – Protein! And delicious.
- 1/2 cup diced carrots – I really like carrots, and more veggies!
- 1 shallot, cause I have them.
- 1 clove garlic, ’cause why not
- 1 box stovetop stuffing – As a crust! Fancy!
Cook the pasta, undercook slightly, and set aside.
Make the stuffing as per box instructions and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350. Kay kay?
I’ve always taken pride in my ability to make something out of what some would consider nothing. You can make a lot of meals out of just one of something. One sausage, one chicken breast, one can. All you need are the appropriate fillers/veggies and you’re good to go!