March 5, 2011
Parmesan Shrimp Penne
We needed another quick dinner, but I had ingredients this time!
- A bag of med/large sized shrimp 15-20 ish, peeled.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, the good stuff!
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp finely minced lemon rind
- 1 packet of penne, your brand, your choice! 300g ish
Begin by sauteeing the clove of garlic in the butter for a bit, do not burn garlic!!
Ask your boyfriend to peel the shrimp. Realize he's doing it wrong and explain it again.
Begin cooking shrimp, don't fully cook these, just get them a little pink. We don't want no rubbery over cooked shrimp-lumps.
Cook your pasta while you do this. More garofalo! Gosh.
Add the flour to the butter/garlic bits.
Cook the flour for about a minute to get rid of any floury taste.
Add the milk and bring to a boil! It will magically thicken! OoOooh!
Turn the heat down low and add the cheese, shrimp, lemon rind, salt, pepper, and parsley. Mix! Add to pasta, and serve!