Lately I’ve been reading everyone’s blogs, and there have been a LOT of posts involving peanut butter and chocolate. This is one of my most favourite combinations. If I have to choose, it’s always the peanut butter related option.
So I googled a few recipes. I originally wanted monster cookies, because I have a plethora of mixins in my pantry, but didn’t have everything the recipe required. Then I found a peanut butter chocolate chip recipe that looked perfect! I find with cookies, unless you go absoutely crazy, you’re safe to add any extras you feel like.
I like chewy cookies, so I looked for a recipe that featured brown sugar. I also sliiightly under bake the cookies. The addition of extra ingredients also help keep the cookie moist. I also used chocolate peanut butter instead of regular! Sneaky!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate peanut butter (peanut butter & co, you can use regular if you wish)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- peanut butter chocolate wafers 1 for each cookie
Preheat a 375 degree oven, and line a baking sheet with parchment.