This is part 2 of my “cleaning out the freezer”. I’ve had this beef roast in the freezer since the dawn of time. Never really made the time to roast it, and didn’t really feel like making another beef stew.
So pulled beef sounded perfecto.
What you need:
- 3-5 lbs of beef roast, the fattier the better (try brisket, too!)
- 1 18 oz bottle of bbq sauce (I used DL Jardines 5 star bbq)
- 1/2 cup beef stock (canned, bouillon, whatevs)
- 1 hunk of onion (for flavour purposes only)
- a few garlic cloves
- *If your roast is more than 6 inches thick, slice it in half.
In a fry pan over high heat, sear all sides very quickly. Place in slow cooker. De-glaze fry pan with the beef stock and pour into slow cooker. Add entire bottle of bbq sauce, onion, and garlic cloves.
Turn slow cooker on low, leave for 10 hours.