I love avocados. I especially love guacamole. And I generally make it the same way.
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp finely diced jalapeno (or less depending on your tastes)
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion or shallot
- 5-7 halved grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt + pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and mix! Be sure to add an adequate amount of lime juice. Especially if you wish to eat this later. The lime will prevent the avocado from oxidizing, and turning an ugly brown. And really, the more herbs the merrier, so please feel free to add more of the fresh ones!
If you replace the avocado in this recipe with anything, it makes a salsa. Swap out for tomatoes, mango, pineapple. Pineapple salsa goes great on chicken.