January 17, 2011
Round Potluck – Stuffed Mushrooms
These were a hit!
My second dish for the potluck. I’ve never actually made stuffed mushroom caps before, but it seemed pretty straight forward. I looked up a few recipes and came up with my own variant.
Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 24 button mushrooms (mine were medium small sized, you may need less depending on the size)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (oooh everything is so finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup bread crumbs (I used seasoned)
Preheat yo oven to 350.
Rinse or brush your mushrooms clean, but no soaking! Then remove the stems and set them aside.
Done! Man I work fast.
Heat a fry pan to medium-high with a tsp of oil. Return to your mushroom stems, finely chop them and begin softening them in the pan along side your garlic. Once this is done turn off heat and set aside.
Place mushroom mixture in a bowl along with cream cheese, cheddar and herbs. Mix!
I forgot the cayenne, so this is me adding it now. See!
Combine your bread crumbs and parmesan in a small dish and set aside.
Fill each mushroom with a little goo. Pardon my bad nails. I work with my hands, okay?
The transformation! Wow!
Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until mushroom is cooked and tops are lightly browned. You really don't need parchment for this, but it makes clean up SO much easier.
Serve warm and enjoy! They really don't last long.