And with the soup I posted earlier, I made some heart shaped crackers.
I’m so sweet, I know.
They’re actually short bread, but I made them much thinner and cooked them slightly longer, so I guess you can call it a cracker.
What you need:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 small garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Bake shortbread rounds until tops are dry and bottoms are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- I used half cheddar and half parm for the cheese
- I added slightly more cayenne
- I added some dried oregano ( I add dried oregano to everything I can’t help it)
- I used salted butter, so I cut back slightly on the salt
- I rolled the dough out on a very well floured board, and used 3 different sized cookie cutters!
I kept the baking instructions the same, as I was going for more of a cracker than a shortbread. And since I rolled them thinner than the recipe requires, they came out perfectly!